Welcome one and all, to the resurrected Computer Legacy website. A home for all of my various projects relating to the wonders of old computer technology and related gubbins.
Over the years of owning this domain, I have attempted to put it to various uses..
- A website celebrating the wonders of shareware software from the 1990s
- A website database to catalogue physical CD-ROM releases
- A website to provide metadata on various bits of Windows software
All of which didn't really go anywhere special, and about 4-5 years ago I retired the website entirely however now is the time for it to come back, and act as a main portal for various projects, big or small, that I am working on.
Projects I am currently working on, towards a state of "completion".
- MP3-2003 - a static representation of the MP3.com website from Thanksgiving 2003 as a means to present the metadata in a way that is easily browsable.
- The No Commentary Demonstration Video Series - video demonstrations of various bits of abandonware sans commentary, available for you to use in your own video projects
- Teletext Recovery from VHS - did you know that nearly every single recording on VHS from a TV source has the teletext data still there? Neither did I, but now I do I want to recover it all!
These are projects I'm working on that likely have no end
- MusicBrainz - always contributing various bits of information relating to all elements of music.
- Archive.org - always contributing various things I come across that I feel are important to share
Completed, Abandoned and Future Projects?
Monuments of achievement and disappointment reside here.